For travel writers, travelling is more than a holiday. It’s a lifestyle. Some treck around the world with heavy backpacks strapped to their backs, travel low-budget, use public transportation and stay in hostels, others explore luxury destinations and sip martinis out of crystalline cups. Some travel solo, while others wander in two’s and a fair few even manage to pull off travelling with children. What they all have in common, is being on the road for long amounts of time and a desire to bring their experiences to you, to inspire their readers and to help them in planning their own adventures.
Here are some of my favourite travel blogs and websites:
- The World, Please | Since leaving Australia behind, Lauren is now solo travelling her way trough the world, but determined to never give up her love of Vegemite. Her articles are funny, witty and well-written and she’s taking some seriously beautiful photos.
- Brendan’s Adventures | This slightly insane guy drove a scooter all the way down Africa – from Mali to Cape Town. If you’re looking for adventure, off the path and different, it doesn’t get much crazier than Brendan’s Adventures.
- Nomadic Notes | James is a digital nomad and entrepreneur who has been on the road for over 10 years. He blogs about his travel adventures, location independent living and long term travel.
- Vagabundo Magazine | The Vagabundo Magazine is the worlds premiere adventure-oriented online travel magazine. It comes in both English and German and inspires to travel with fascinating stories from around the world.
German Blogs and Websites:
- Weltreiseforum | Das Weltreiseforum ist ein Autorenkollektiv und Informationsplattform für Reisende auf der ganzen Welt mit interessanten Artikeln, Tipps für den Reisealltag und viel Kultur und Hintergrundinfos.