This post is also available in: German
The Peru Photography Tour, which starts in Lima and ends in Cusco, covers all the important highlights in the ancient country of Peru. Since Peru is incredibly diverse and has much and more to offer, this tour meets workshop wraps up all the different aspects of photography into one country. It has a broad focus and will help you build your portfolio and improve at not only shooting landscapes, but also photographing wildlife and people. Heck, we’ll even delve into aerial photography for a day.
For the wildlife part, we will visit the Ballestas Islands, where you can capture seals, penguins, pelicans and a number of other animals. Later, we will travel to the Andean Condors, one of the largest birds in South America, who just happens to live in the deepest canyon in the world, the Colca Canyon. There, you can see the magnificent birds close up as they glide along the canyon walls and attempt some fast paced wildlife photography. In between, the cute wild Vicuña, ancestors of the domesticated Alpacas, make for good camera targets as well.
Of course, you’ll get the chance to photograph many stunning landscapes in the best light. Those experiences range from capturing the sunrise over the famous ruins of Machu Picchu high up in the misty Andes to photographing the worlds highest navigable Lake, Lake Titicaca, and the Nazca Lines, the ancient geoglyphs etched into the hard earth, which can only be admired from high above. The cityscapes of Lima, Cusco and Arequipa make for incredible blue hour spots and the small village life, the markets and the people top off the experience.
Tour Cost = $2880 (This price is based on double occupancy, if you prefer a single room the single supplement is $600).
The Peru Photography Tour starts on May 1st in Lima and ends after 14 days on May 14th in Cusco.
May 1st: Arrive in Lima, Peru
May 2nd: Travel to Huacachina
May 3rd: Visit the Ballestas Island, then travel to Nazca
May 4th: Nazca, then travel to Arequipa
May 5th: Arequipa
May 6th: The Colca Canyon
May 7th: Puno
May 8th: Lake Titicaca
May 9th: Puno
May 10th: Cusco
May 11th: Cusco
May 12th: The Sacred Valley
May 13th: Machu Picchu
May 14th: Tour ends in Cusco
For a more detailed itinerary click here.
- Airport Pickups and Dropoffs
- All transportation between destinations on tour dates
- Accommodation for the nights of May 1st through 13th.
- All breakfasts
- Tour guides where necessary
- Professional Photography instruction by Brendan van Son and Tiffany Wüest
- All Entrance Tickets on Included Activities
- Included Activities = Ballestas Islands, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, Chauchilla Cemetery, Lake Titicaca Homestay, and The Colca Canyon
What’s not Included
- Flights to Lima and from Cusco
- Meals other than Breakfast
- Optional Activities = Dune Buggies (approx $20), Nazca Lines Flights (approx. $80), and all museums and other activities on free days
Additional Options and Add-ons
- Pre-tour accommodation in Lima
- Post-tour accommodation in Cusco
- Post-tour flight to Lima
- Camera and/or lens rental through partner
- Single Supplement
We have partnered with Adventure.com to make this particular workshop happen and booking for this workshop is now open!
For more up-to-date infos, please subscribe to my newsletter in the sidebar and stay tuned!